- The heterogeneous impact of conditional cash transfers (with Sebastian Galiani). Journal of Public Economics, 2013.
- The impact of Chile's school feeding program on education outcomes. Economics of Education Review, 2013.
- Preschool and maternal labor outcomes: Evidence from a regression discontinuity design. Economic Development and Cultural
Change (with Samuel Berlinski and Sebastian Galiani), 2011.
- The effects of quantitative skills training on college outcomes and peers.
Economics of Education Review (with Kristin Butcher and Corrine
- The benefits of delayed primary school enrollment: Discontinuity estimates using exact birth dates.
Journal of Human Resources (with Joseph S. Shapiro), 2008.
- Breaking ground: Analysis of the assessment system and impact of Mexico's teacher incentive program "Carrera Magisterial" (with Lucrecia Santibáñez, José Felipe Martinez, Ashlesha Datar, Claude Messan Setodji, and Ricardo Basurto-Dávila), 2007.
- The central role of noise in evaluating interventions that use test scores to rank schools.
American Economic Review (with Kenneth Y. Chay and Miguel
- Teacher and principal
incentives in Mexico (with Lucrecia Santibañez).
to improve teaching: Lessons from Latin America,
ed. Emiliana Vegas, 2005.